The following is an itemized list of what it takes to achieve total well-being.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured IN plants.
- Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
- Make time for prayer (in it’s MANY forms).
- Play more games.
- Read more books than you did last year.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
- Sleep for 7-8 hours.
- Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, enjoy the beauty and smile.
- Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive, present moment.
- Don’t over do things. Structure your time and keep your limits.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner about his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Smile and laugh more.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Call your family often.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.
- Do the right thing! You know what it is.
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- The best is yet to come.
- When you awake alive in the morning, be thankful for it.
- Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.